Comic Con India is all set to host Bangalore Comic Con 2015 in April
Bringing city’s biggest pop culture event earlier this year with double the floor size and entertainment!!
BCC 2015 is taking place at White Orchid Convention Centre from 3rd - 5th April!!
- JASON LATOUR, a comic book artist and writer, famous for his work WOLVERINE AND THE X-MEN (vol. 2) along with other eminent International personalities are coming to attend Bangalore Comic Con 2015
- Two exclusive live chats (via SKYPE) with MARK MILLAR, a New York Times bestselling writer of Wanted, the Kick-Ass series, The Secret Service, Jupiter’s Legacy, Nemesis, Superior, Super Crooks, American Jesus, MPH, Starlight, Chrononauts etc
GREG CAPULLO, a self taught Illustrator and the current artist on the best-selling and highly acclaimed
BATMAN series for DC Comics.
- One of the main attraction at Bangalore Comic Con 2015 will be The Game of Throne’s special Photo-op Booth! Comic Con India has officially tied up with HBO to bring the Throne replica exclusively at Bangalore Comic Con
- The 4th Annual CCI Awards ceremony will be held in Bangalore for the first time on the second day of the convention, i.e. Saturday 4th April 2015
International Participants: Some of the best International Comics publishers are coming this year especially for Bangalore Comic Con 2015
Cosplay: Kids and adults can come dressed as their favourite comic, superhero and gaming characters. Prizes to be won
Gaming Zone: Spread across 200 sq meter, the gaming area will be one of the main attraction for gaming and tech fans at the event
Workshops & Sessions:: With leading creators, artists and writers of popular comics and graphic
Book launches: Over 8 New Titles to be launched!
Around 200 Participants: Featuring major Indian and International brands
Merchandise from across the world: Lots and lots of merchandise! Pick up some awesome Merchandise, T-shirts, Mugs, Toys, Posters, Cushions etc, the list is endless!!
Bangalore, March 4’ 2015 - Comic Con India is all set to host Bangalore Comic Con 2015 in April. Bringing city’s biggest pop culture event earlier this year with double the floor size and entertainment! This year the convention will be spread across 80000 sq feet gross as compared to last year’s 40000 sq feet. There will be over 200 participants from across the world. The convention will take place at White Orchid Convention Centre from April 3-5’ 2015 between 11 a.m. to 9 p.m.
Bangalore Comic Con 2015 will be hosting one of its kind, interactive and experiential over 50 Hours of Programming through panels, launches, gaming, video hangouts and more. JASON LATOUR, a famous international comic book artist and writer, known for his work WOLVERINE AND THE X-MEN (vol. 2) will be attending and taking special sessions here.
There will also be two exclusive live chats (via SKYPE) with MARK MILLAR & GREG CAPULLO. Mark Millar is the writer of the New York Times bestselling novel Wanted. His other works include Kick-Ass series, The Secret Service, Jupiter’s Legacy, Nemesis, Superior, Super Crooks, American Jesus, MPH, Starlight, and Chrononauts. Wanted, Kick-Ass, Kick-Ass 2 and The Secret Service (as Kingsman: The Secret Service) have been adapted into feature films, and Nemesis, Superior, Starlight, War Heroes, and Chrononauts are in development at major studios. Mark has been an Executive Producer on all his movie adaptations and is currently creative consultant to Fox Studios on their Marvel slate of movies.
Greg Capullo is a self taught Illustrator and the current artist on the best-selling and highly acclaimed BATMAN series for DC Comics. Prior to that, he was best known for his 80 issue run on Image Comics' SPAWN, created by Todd McFarlane. Other popular comics work includes Marvel Comics X-FORCE and QUASAR. He is also the creator of The Creech, a Sci-Fi/Horror comic published by Image Comics. Greg has provided art for Blizzard Entertainment’s World of Warcraft, contributed lead character designs for the the award winning HBO animated SPAWN series, was the cover artist for many popular musical groups including Korn and Disturbed, and worked behind the scenes on many projects ranging from toy design to video games for TME.
Jatin Varma, Founder, Comic Con India, shared, “Bangalore is one of our biggest shows and we are back much earlier this year for the fans with tons of new comics, merch and fun experiences. We hope they'll have as much fun at the show as we have putting it together!”
For Bangalore Comic Con 2015, Tickets will be available online via Book My Show as well as at the Venue. Only a limited number of VIP tickets will be issued. The tickets would be priced at Rs. 350 Per day - Online and Rs. 450 Per day - At the Venue and Rs. 999 for the Super Fan VIP Ticket for all 3 days. Super Fan ticket offer is available in limited numbers and can be booked online only, these will not be available at the venue. Other than the Discount, The SuperFan Ticket Holder will also get: Special Entry (No Registration Required); Super Fan Customised CAPE & Special Offers/Discounts from over 20 brands exhibiting at the show!
One of the main attraction at Bangalore Comic Con 2015 will be The Game of Throne’s special Photo-op Booth. Comic Con India has officially tied up with HBO to bring the Throne replica exclusively at Bangalore Comic Con. There will be a Throne replica as a special photo - op where the fans & visitors can get their pictures clicked.
Cosplay (Costume Contest), another major attraction at Comic Con India, will continue to give assured prizes to everyone in costume. Comic Con India has created 5 categories to increase one’s chances of winning gifts. Each day, one winner will be chosen from each of the five categories:
1. Comic book/graphic novel
2. Animated Series/Movie
All 3 days, One lucky winner out of the chosen 5 will get an awesome chance to win A Ticket to an Awesome Destination & a chance to enter in Indian Cosplay Championship!
For the first time ever, Comic Con India Awards which is an initiative of Comic Con India are going to take place in Bangalore during the main convention itself. CCI Awards aim to recognize the work of all the professionals of India's Comics Industry. It’s an attempt to bring into focus the novelty of this art form and acknowledge the efforts of numerous writers, artists & publishers in this field. The 4th Annual CCI Awards ceremony will be held at the venue on the second day of the convention, i.e. Saturday 4th April 2015.
Comic Con India will be be setting up an exclusive Gaming Zone for audience at Bangalore Comic Con. Spread across 200 sq meter, the gaming area will be one of the main attraction for gaming and tech fans at the event.
For the sheer love for Comics, more than 8 new titles are being planned to get launched at the convention. There will be International Exhibitors like Marvel, DC & Dark Horse Comics among others are bringing international content from all across the globe, especially for Bangalore.
At the convention, there will be Some Awesome Anime & Manga Merch from Japanese Merchandiser IINE, along with the best and most exclusive International merchandisers like Kidrobot, NECA, Hot Toys, Mimobots, Funko and many more from across the globe. Also, there will be exclusive Indian merchandisers including Band Box, Wacom, Art Beat, Bewakoof Brands, Hysteria, Wear Your Opinion, Kudi Firang, Planet Superheroes, F Gali, Sky Goodies, Bollyscope, Lazy Ninja, Graphicurry, Below the Belt and lots more!!
The main participants for the Bangalore Comic Con 2015 are Amar Chitra Katha, Orange Radius, Pop Culture Publishing, Random House, Campfire Graphic Novel, Holy Cow Entertainment, HarperCollins Publishers, Aayumi Productions, Raj Comics, Blossom Book House and many more!!
Comic Con India is dedicated to creating unique events and giving the fans, exhibitors and partners a platform to celebrate their undying love and passion for comics & pop culture. Comic Con India is dedicated to expanding India's popular culture by creating high profile events that cater to fans of not only comics, but also, gaming, movies, television, merchandise, toys & more.
Sales & Footfall Figures - FYI –
1. At the 1st Comic Con India in Feb’11 in New Delhi, the turnout was approx. 20000 and Sales touched 25 Lakhs in 2 days.
2. At the Comic Con Express Mumbai, the travelling version of Annual Indian Comics Convention that took place in October '11, the turnout was approx 12000 and Sales touched 30 Lakhs in 2 days.
3. At the 2nd Comic Con India that took place in Feb’12 in New Delhi, the response was amazing, footfall touched 35 thousand and sales touched 50 lakhs in 3 days.
4. At the Comic Con Express Bangalore, the travelling version of Annual Indian Comics Convention in that took place in Sept ‘12, the turnout was approx 35000 and the sales crossed over 65 Lakhs in 2 days.
5. At the 1st ever “Mumbai Film and Comic Con” that took place last year in Mumbai in Oct‘12, the turnout was approx 26000 and the sales crossed over 45 Lakhs in 2 days.
6. At the 3rd Comic Con India that took place in Feb’13 in New Delhi, the response was tremendous, footfall touched 50 thousand and sales touched crore in 3 days.
7. At the 1st ever annual “Bangalore Comic Con” that took place in Bangalore in June’ 13, the turnout was approx 62000 and the sales touched 1 crore 25 Lakhs in 2 days.
8. At the First Ever Comic Con Express Hyderabad, the travelling version of Annual Indian Comics Convention that took place in Sept '13, the turnout was approx 25000 and Sales touched 75 Lakhs in 2 days.
9. At the 2nd edition of “Mumbai Film and Comic Con” that took place last year in Mumbai in Dec‘13, the turnout was 35000 and the sales crossed over 1 crore 20 Lakhs in 2 days.
10. At the 4th Comic Con India, that took place in Feb’14 in New Delhi, with a ticketed entry, the response was tremendous, footfall touched 40 thousand and sales touched almost 2 crores in 3 days.
11. At the 2nd annual “Bangalore Comic Con” that took place in Bangalore in Sept’ 14, with a ticketed entry, the turnout was approx 40000 in 3 days.
12. At the 1st ever annual “Hyderabad Comic Con” that took place in Hyderabad in Oct’ 14, with a ticketed entry, the turnout was approx 25000 in 3 days.